Creating effective high performing leadership teams.
Leadership team coaching is a highly effective way to shift the performance of an organisation. At Oyster Development, we offer systemic leadership team coaching that produces high-performance teams. We deliver flexible, forward-thinking programmes, with wider business goals in mind. Shaping teams to drive meaningful individual and group performance improvements that have a real impact on businesses.
What is a high-performing team?
A team is a small number of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose, set of performance goals, and approach for which they hold themselves mutually accountable. ~ Katzenbach and Smith, HBR, March 1993
…a high-performing team: effectively meets and communicates in a way that raises morale and alignment; engages with all the team’s key stakeholder groups in a way that grows performance; and provides constant learning and development for all its members and the collective team. ~ Peter Hawkins, 2011
What is Systemic Team Coaching?
Systemic Team Coaching is a process by which a team coach works with a whole team, both when they are together and when they are apart, in order to help them both improve their collective performance and how they work together, and also how they develop their collective leadership to more effectively engage with all their key stakeholder groups to jointly transform the wider business. ~ Peter Hawkins, 2011
Why leadership team development?
Organisations are realising that performance improvement is beneficial at both individual and team levels. Teams need to deliver more challenging outcomes in complex business scenarios; often alongside rapid organisational change and economic uncertainty. The nature of teams is changing from traditional structures to more temporary, project-based setups to achieve very specific outcomes. Now is the time to roll out ‘modern’ approaches in forward thinking organisations to adapt to the changes in team structure. Leadership team development can provide fresh perspectives, and support teams in combatting modern day work-life challenges.
- A team is not an end in itself, but there to deliver results for its stakeholders
- Relationships at the boundary of a team, are as important as those within the team
- Quality relationships will drive quality team processes
Key benefits of leadership team coaching
- Improved outcomes – the team gains a better understanding of the web of influences that are unknowingly disrupting results
- New insights into problematic situations
- Increased group productivity and achievement of team goals
- Develop team resiliency to organisational change
- Sustainable change for your organisation
- Better outcomes for your business
- Motivated teams and increased productivity
- Collaboration across virtual and fragmented teams
- Increased high-performance in teams
- Staff retention and attraction
Signals that your team needs coaching
- Despite ‘best-practice’, good project-management tools, budget control or business management, the team still finds itself feels its underachieving and dissatisfied or that more could be achieved
- The team struggles to articulate their mission and purpose
- The team is complex and spread out over multiple locations or time zones
- The team does not adapt well to change or welcome it
Modern coaching approaches
Team coaching is an important component of the learning and development strategy of forward thinking organisations. Team coaches operate with awareness and skill to address the psychological dimensions of teams. This provides a clearer understanding of individual and team behaviours and encourages people to incorporate the changes required to achieve peak performance.
We work with a team over time, both collectively and individually, and in a very flexible manner. Time is needed to create shifts in personal and collective behaviours that will lead to an impact on business performance. It requires working in the moment with teams, as they work together on real business issues, raising performance live in the room, and in off-line development activities.
Our coaching combines psychologically informed techniques with commercial experience. We help clients to explore the essential elements of high-performance teams, to assess where they could best focus their attention and to work toward achieving the desired change.
Flexible and accessible
Every team is different, which is why we recognise the need to create bespoke coaching programmes that fit your business structure, your leadership team and the issues you’re experiencing. We don’t mind delivering some of our sessions online, or in person for more advanced individual and group work.
Exclusively for business
We exclusively work with leadership teams and organisations looking to accelerate business transformation and improve overall performance throughout their whole organisation.
We are masters-qualified and accredited coaches from the world leading Ashridge Business School and EMCC members. We also have an extensive track record in working in large international businesses. Working with Oyster, means you’re working with the best.